Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Feedback Sheet - Student Work


Feedback Sheet – Student Work

Please refer to photography, colour, layout, font style, framing and cropping as well as font style and actual text in your response.

Please remember to be constructive in your criticism as this is work by students – not professional s

Name of product
What I thought were the strengths
What I thought were the weaknesses
 
 
 
 Sinister
 
 
 
-Main Image 
-Masthead
-Text Content 
-Text unreadable in places
-Colour Scheme (the red is very inconsistent)
-Size of some of the text
 
 
 Infensus
 
 
 
 
 -Editing
-Masthead
-Slogan
- Images used
-No actors names
-No release date
 
 
 
 Under Rogue
 
 
 
 
 -Landscape Poster (something different)
 -Image
-Location
-No tag line
-Cant Understand the genre of film
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
What I have learned from looking at student work :


 I have learned that I need to be clear with what genre of film I am working with when it comes to my poster, it needs to clearly be able to show the reader that my poster is of a certain genre without being confusing like the Under Rogue poster (a well written and clever tagline should be able to identify the genre if the image does not). I have also learned that a main image is vitally important as this also can represent the genre of film as well as bonus things such as taglines which I have already spoken about. A colour scheme that clearly allows you to see the text and its font is a key as this is what makes or breaks a poster take the Sinister example it has a really good main image and masthead but most of the text is unreadable and therefore will have lost marks.

 How I will use this new knowledge to help me create my own product :
With the new knowledge i have gained i will try to make sure that my genre of project can be clearly identified by the reader without making mistakes and make it where the poster is really confusing, I will use taglines and type of image to portray my genre. I need to create a masthead that stands out on its own and sort of give my project a face so to speak the masthead should also try to be in the font that could maybe portray the genre more. I also have learned that a colour scheme is essential as it not only represents the genre but also allows you to fully see text and the font it is in, what i need to do is experiment with some colour schemes and maybe some of the effects so that i can have a colour scheme that not only represents the genre but allows me to show the content in my actual product.

No comments:

Post a Comment