Saturday, 25 January 2014

Main Title Font

I want my main finished products to have some continuity between them that allows me to maybe try something a little different with one of my auxiliary tasks, I’m thinking about doing something that resembles a professional magazine cover. I want a font that clearly tells you straight away what sort of genre is being portrayed and exactly what is the font tied in with, a better way of explaining this would be to say that if you were to see a certain film and it has a specific unique font you associate that font with that film so when you see it elsewhere you recognise the film that used the font which makes it very memorable and adds to the value of the actual product as you will always remember it for its sense of style used in its font.
  1. Heist- Adobe Fan Heiti Std B
  2. Heist- Adobe Gothic Std B
  3. Heist- Britannic Bold
  4. Heist- Bernard MT Condensed
  5. Heist- Castellar
  6. Heist- Gloucester MT Extra Condensed
 
1. The very first font I looked at was the Adobe Heiti Std B font which at first looked very good and professional but I didn’t feel like it was edgy enough it was a little too plain.
2. This font was pretty much the same as the one I looked at before only bolder which I thought gave it a little more edge, unfortunately it didn’t and it just made it look too dark and without refined edges which is something I want for the final font.
3. This font was a lot more in touch with what I want the only problem is that it was far too dark, which actually is a good thing just it looks too fat and I want it to be thinner.
4. I was quite happy with this font as it was pretty close to what I wanted however I felt like it was too tall and it needed to have something special about it to make it stand out and this font is pretty generic.
5. I went completely off the wall with this one I wanted to see if something more ancient Rome would help give my work an identity unfortunately it didn’t really work so I decided not to have it.
6. This final font is everything I want, it has a very simplistic style, it has a very good way of catching someone’s attention, the H and the smaller letters that follow could give people the idea that it is significant and finally it fits perfectly with the various things I want to do when it comes to doing my final products.
A good example of where the Font can define a product is the series of Spiderman films. Every Spiderman film has used the same sort of similar font that resembles that of a spider’s web which is also tied into the film.
With that being said I wanted my font to resemble something that represented what you link a heist with a sort of really professional italic like font that has multiple different meanings that all come together. I looked at a couple of different fonts to see which would be the best to implement into my work and i found Glouchester MT Extra Condensed which is everything i wanted for my main font.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment