Sunday, 26 January 2014

My Poster Influences


Seeing as I wanted to go for something incredibly professional for my magazine cover I decided that my poster needs to be something that reflects more of the theme of my actually main product as posters do tend to be the main way that people dictate what the film is like depending on the actual poster, it needs to be eye catching and it needs to display the certain themes of the actual thing that its promoting. With that being said I looked at a various set of posters going through pages and pages of images trying to find a poster that looked similar to the idea that I had in my head which is when I came across the first Star Trek film poster which I was immediately interested by. The poster features the three main characters all staring forward with different facial expressions which made me think about how to structure my work so that it resembles this. I want to keep a certain correlation between my work but whenever I can I like to play around with the already contrived conventions which is where I came up with the idea to feature just one character but to play with the idea of multiple personalities or different times id feature him three times with different facial expressions. This idea is incredibly eye catching as at first glance you consider them to be different people but after closer inspection you realise that they are the same person which I find to be an incredible idea and an opportunity to really highlight some of the themes of my actual product and it’s all thanks to the Star Trek poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment